Daemon Digital

Elastoplast’s Debut in Social Media Connects Aussie Athletes and Weekend Warriors

Posted on 31. Jan, 2011 by in Social Media

Official sponsor of the Commonwealth Games, Elastoplast engages fans and heroes to share support for the Australian team.

Competing with the likes of Qantas and Foxtel, Elastoplast, on a limited budget and six month campaign period, was in need of a unique way to connect with Australian public in order to promote their sponsorship as official supplier of tapes and bandages to the Australian Commonwealth Games Team for the 2010 Games in Delhi.

Ultimately, Elastoplast were looking to engage the primary audience of mums aged 25-40 years old with a secondary audience of families – children, husbands, partners etc and drive them back to the company website.

With limited budget and a six month long campaign period, social media was used as the fulcrum, specifically, Facebook and Twitter to drive engagement and share Branded Content that TWO created including:

  • A series of 12 podcasts from Melinda Gainsford Taylor, Brad Fittler, Kimmy Smith and Dan Fasch – sportspeople, professional physios and weekend warriors.
  • Photos from a training session with Melinda Gainsford Taylor and Little Athletic kids
  • Vox Pops with Little Athletics kids

TWO also created a competition to facilitate a drive back to Elastoplast’s website which held a wealth of information and allowed users to opt in to receive future communications from Elastoplast.

At the close of the campaign, Elastoplast had a total of 1541 fans and followers in a very close knit, engaged audience. A total of 387posts, 12 podcasts and 26 support messages including Libby Tricket and Quade Cooper, 12 videos and a potential reach by post  of 165,980.

The primary target audience made up 51% of all fans with the remaining 49% making up the secondary target audiences in fairly equal measures. Impressively, the competition saw an opt-in rate to further communication of 67%.

 

Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

wordpress hit counter